So finally after 6 years of living in London, I have decided to embrace the fact that you can not avoid getting a moon tan during the UK Winter. (Those of you unbeknown to a moon tan = a pale moon-like glow, almost translucent in some cases).
Being from NZ I have naturally relatively golden skin but come Winter, it goes an extremely pale sickly yellow. I know I am not the only one and Yes I do get asked constantly when I have no makeup on, if I am sick or tired… This is clearly not the ideal look or circumstances but behind the scenes your skin will be thanking you for it and the age-ing process is slowing down dramatically, so that is a big tick for me!
So what are the ways around this dilemma if you are not a ‘natural’ English Rose?
- Don’t overdo the bronzer, make sure you have a well matched foundation and/or BB cream matched to your Winter skin tone. You should generally have a different one for Winter and Summer anyway! Make sure it is the right base colour – either yellow or pink, it can look disastrous if wrong!
- Make sure you have a good concealer (if not 2?!), at least 2 shades lighter than your foundation. This can be applied either before or after foundation/BB cream, just blend it really well, either with your fingers or a brush.
- The base is the most important thing – it is your canvas! Make sure it is well covered (though not caked!) and you will be amazed how healthy you look!
- Opt for a lighter peach/pink blush. It will give you a natural Winters flush. Anything to heavy looks disastrous!
- As always use the residue of the blush lightly on your eyelids. Again it will just give a natural flush.
- Line the eyes in browns, purples or smokey grey tones. Something a bit softer, so we can avoid the harsh black colour against your skin. Use a white liner on the inner bottom rim, to open the eye and make them appear brighter.
- Make eyebrows defined but very natural in colour – this will frame your face beautifully.
- Make sure you have a decent mascara and apply two coats on the top and bottom to each side.
- Finally spray yourself with a fresh Wintery scent and you are ready to go.
This regime should take no more than 7 minutes to do. If interested in us teaching you how to do it with your own makeup bag and of course providing you with the right products, at great discounts then get in touch.